Online Presence and Social Media Marketing
The NCB has started a Programme to guide Micro Small Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) to avail of new opportunities for Online presence and Digital & Social Media Marketing (DSMM) for boosting their business and expand their client base.
The 1st phase, carried out 27th June 2019, was a Workshop targeting some 70 small entrepreneurs.
Subsequently, in August, a 3-day hands-on Lab was conducted for 35 MSMEs who were trained on how to create an online presence on social media, how to create a simple web site and how to market their products digitally.
The Consultant was the CEO of a top-rated marketing firm.
The objectives of the Programme are:
- Encourage women-led micro enterprises, often too stretched thin for them to adopt IT tools given limited time and human resources, to adopt social media and digital marketing for expanding and diversifying their client and market base
- Initiate them in the use of IT and the creation of social media personal or business pages on various platforms such as Facebook Business Page and Pinterest as well as websites
- Introduce micro enterprises to basic digital marketing tools and skills, social media posting and boosting their products through check-in rebates, coupons etc.. which are a cheaper multi-channel alternative to traditional marketing
- Build up their skills in user friendly graphic and video tools for posting
- Support them in the adoption of E-commerce
NCB is now working on a pack based on the Workshop and Lab to be made freely available to other MSMEs who will also have an opportunity to be coached personally by NCB.